It was one my best days in life till today.
When, I first went to IISc, Bangalore, I always lingered to be a part of it. And since I joined IISc, I knew that I want make my carrier as a researcher. Somehow research was very much intriguing to me. I learned a lot from IISc. I feel extremely proud being there.
Since my undergrad, I was always reading MIT open course ware. But, it is at IISc, I started learning more about MIT. Initially, it was a name to me. But when start looking into more details, I started loving it. On the other hand, I was getting skeptical about MIT seeing Suresh way of research. Because he was an MIT alumnus. And I did not like his way of research. So, I wanted to verify whether other researchers at MIT are same as Suresh. Then, I found it completely opposite. The kind of research, I wanted to do is getting done in MIT. I left IISc at 2011. And I was following, MIT's research much before than 2011. So, it was building inside me, since then as a dream place. Due to financial reasons of my family, I could not even dare to apply for my graduate study over there. I wanted to get in to Media lab to do my PhD, but the application itself was too costly, so I started looking for other opportunities. Then, I moved to Birmingham to do my PhD. Although, I was not liking the PhD problem given to me, but I worked hard and finished the complete PhD problem given to me withing a year span. And decided to not to make it as a PhD thesis. So, I took an MPhil and moved to Goettingen. I feel really good about it too, but may in some other blog I will elaborately write about it.
Gotting gave me the opportunity to visit Harvard. And since MIT was so close by, I could not resist myself to visit the MIT. Since my collage days and IISc days, I always dreamt about MIT. There was something, which I cannot explain. I never expected to be there, ever in my life. I always, used to day dream about it, if one day I am at MIT. The day came. It was 28th January 2014, morning 8.30 am. I landed at 77 Massachusetts Avenue. It was tremendous and terrific. I could not hold myself. I got inside. I went infront of dome. Somehow, I do not know how, but I knew where was the entrance. May be I saw it map so many times. I went inside, bewildered with buildings. And started exploring, every moment. I wanted to go for a walking tour. I saw many Chinese. They were together and moving here and there, thought they might be with the walking tour. But then I found not. I found the guided tours office, but did not bother to ask something. Because somehow the walking tour business was getting skeptical inside me. I did back and fourth walking from across the dome. I felt like I am back in those ages of IISc, felt extremely young again. Grasping every single details of every spots. From the right of the dome entrance there were all labs of advanced materials. Came to the left side of the dome had turkey and american cheese sandwich. The cafe and the part of the building i.e. the staring of 77 MA was amazing. The design of the building was amazing. Then, I explored every corner before I headed to Kavli Institute for Astrophysics. I went upstairs to the Physics department. That took me to the condensed matter physics department and theoretical physics department. I sat there and went through the complete publications and research of it. I like it very much. Then, I came down because it was nearly 1 o' clock and I had to go to the Astrophysics. Attended a talk about gravity lensing. The talk was really really good. Oh, how can forget. Before the talk, when I entered the building, I saw Prof. Walter Lewins name on the faculty list. It was sixth floor and I could not resist myself to see his office. I went there and saw his office. He was not in his office. But I was terrified and excited. I have never ever imagined in my life that I will be standing infornt of his office. Almost every week, I see his lecture at least once. Anyway, then I moved to the cleanroom to see the scanning interference laser lithography system. This was the place, where Chandra's diffractors was with gold nanobars. It was an amazing effort, they made to create those gold nanobars with high aspect ratio. We had a healthy and open discussions. At some point, I was not believing that I am inside MIT. I had a long discussions with Dr. . He was German and surprised to see me from Germany. I met a very old alumnus of MIT, he was very much interested to see the HAR process and talked to me when everything was finshed for a long time explaing hows life going after being retired and how he should advice other for the benifit of the research. It was a great at Kavli Space. Then, I came back to 77. Went around. Went to chemical engineering part, went to media lab. Oh, finally went to meche. It was really nice to in meche. It got a nice display of research and liked it very much. cont.....
When, I first went to IISc, Bangalore, I always lingered to be a part of it. And since I joined IISc, I knew that I want make my carrier as a researcher. Somehow research was very much intriguing to me. I learned a lot from IISc. I feel extremely proud being there.
Since my undergrad, I was always reading MIT open course ware. But, it is at IISc, I started learning more about MIT. Initially, it was a name to me. But when start looking into more details, I started loving it. On the other hand, I was getting skeptical about MIT seeing Suresh way of research. Because he was an MIT alumnus. And I did not like his way of research. So, I wanted to verify whether other researchers at MIT are same as Suresh. Then, I found it completely opposite. The kind of research, I wanted to do is getting done in MIT. I left IISc at 2011. And I was following, MIT's research much before than 2011. So, it was building inside me, since then as a dream place. Due to financial reasons of my family, I could not even dare to apply for my graduate study over there. I wanted to get in to Media lab to do my PhD, but the application itself was too costly, so I started looking for other opportunities. Then, I moved to Birmingham to do my PhD. Although, I was not liking the PhD problem given to me, but I worked hard and finished the complete PhD problem given to me withing a year span. And decided to not to make it as a PhD thesis. So, I took an MPhil and moved to Goettingen. I feel really good about it too, but may in some other blog I will elaborately write about it.
Gotting gave me the opportunity to visit Harvard. And since MIT was so close by, I could not resist myself to visit the MIT. Since my collage days and IISc days, I always dreamt about MIT. There was something, which I cannot explain. I never expected to be there, ever in my life. I always, used to day dream about it, if one day I am at MIT. The day came. It was 28th January 2014, morning 8.30 am. I landed at 77 Massachusetts Avenue. It was tremendous and terrific. I could not hold myself. I got inside. I went infront of dome. Somehow, I do not know how, but I knew where was the entrance. May be I saw it map so many times. I went inside, bewildered with buildings. And started exploring, every moment. I wanted to go for a walking tour. I saw many Chinese. They were together and moving here and there, thought they might be with the walking tour. But then I found not. I found the guided tours office, but did not bother to ask something. Because somehow the walking tour business was getting skeptical inside me. I did back and fourth walking from across the dome. I felt like I am back in those ages of IISc, felt extremely young again. Grasping every single details of every spots. From the right of the dome entrance there were all labs of advanced materials. Came to the left side of the dome had turkey and american cheese sandwich. The cafe and the part of the building i.e. the staring of 77 MA was amazing. The design of the building was amazing. Then, I explored every corner before I headed to Kavli Institute for Astrophysics. I went upstairs to the Physics department. That took me to the condensed matter physics department and theoretical physics department. I sat there and went through the complete publications and research of it. I like it very much. Then, I came down because it was nearly 1 o' clock and I had to go to the Astrophysics. Attended a talk about gravity lensing. The talk was really really good. Oh, how can forget. Before the talk, when I entered the building, I saw Prof. Walter Lewins name on the faculty list. It was sixth floor and I could not resist myself to see his office. I went there and saw his office. He was not in his office. But I was terrified and excited. I have never ever imagined in my life that I will be standing infornt of his office. Almost every week, I see his lecture at least once. Anyway, then I moved to the cleanroom to see the scanning interference laser lithography system. This was the place, where Chandra's diffractors was with gold nanobars. It was an amazing effort, they made to create those gold nanobars with high aspect ratio. We had a healthy and open discussions. At some point, I was not believing that I am inside MIT. I had a long discussions with Dr. . He was German and surprised to see me from Germany. I met a very old alumnus of MIT, he was very much interested to see the HAR process and talked to me when everything was finshed for a long time explaing hows life going after being retired and how he should advice other for the benifit of the research. It was a great at Kavli Space. Then, I came back to 77. Went around. Went to chemical engineering part, went to media lab. Oh, finally went to meche. It was really nice to in meche. It got a nice display of research and liked it very much. cont.....